Spotlight on: Oxfordshire!
As we head back to Oxfordshire this weekend for the Blenheim Palace Flower Show, we wanted to put the ‘City of Dreaming Spires’ under the spotlight. So here goes, here are our favourite things to do in Oxfordshire…
our 3 favourite things to do in oxfordshire:
1. Drinks with friends - You can read more about the inspiration behind our Oxfordshire products below, but it all stems from great cafes and bars in the city of Oxford, all with excellent views of the beautiful ‘Dreaming Spires’. Our personal favourite has to be The Grand Cafe - said to be the first coffee house in England, and situated right in the heart of Oxford, it is a perfect example of opulence, with cream teas to die for!
2. A spot of shopping - Now we’re not the biggest buyer of designer clothes but who doesn’t love a bargain?! Bicester Village is home to some of our favourites (Kate Spade, Lacoste and Emma Bridgewater to name a few), all at outlet prices! It gets crazy busy on the weekends though so we try and get there super early, or I like to pop there after work for some late night shopping in peace.
3. Exploring The Cotswolds - Definitely worth a blog post all to itself, but absolutely one of our favourite things to do in Oxfordshire! Easily one of our favourite places in the UK, we love nothing more than exploring the Cotswold Hills and finding beautiful little pubs to spend the day in (after all, that’s the best bit of a long walk right?).
Oxford University has educated 27 British Prime Ministers and winners of 158 Olympic gold medals!
catch us at…
This summer we’re back at our favourite, Blenheim Palace, for the following shows:
- Blenheim Palace Flower Show - Friday 21st-Sunday 23rd June
“This wonderful three day show will be opened by TV’s George Clarke on Friday 21st June 2019 and will celebrate the very best of gardening, home and lifestyle. It is packed with inspiration, flowers and plants and everything you need for your home and garden. The show is a celebration of lifestyle and the great outdoors.”
- BBC Countryfile Live - Thursday 1st-Sunday 4th June
“BBC Countryfile Live is returning to the spectacular grounds of Oxfordshire’s Blenheim Palace from 1-4 August 2019. Representing the best of the British countryside across four days, Countryfile Live is guaranteed to be one of this summer’s best days out.”
Thank you as always for taking the time to read our blog, we hope we’ve inspired you to take a trip to beautiful Oxford, or to bring Oxfordshire into your home with our Green Tea & Bergamot products!